Businesses today need to pay attention to data security due to the rising concerns of privacy theft and data breaches. They need to implement a robust and all-encompassing information security management system (ISMS) that will meet all the legal obligations of data security and ensure the confidentiality of their clients’ information.
So, how are you going to protect your business’s vital data and client information? While there are many different technologies and frameworks for that, we suggest implementing a vigilant ISMS in your business and getting it ISO certified! ISO 27001 certification is the specific certification meant to validate the ISMS of a business, it will assure the privacy of your clients and other stakeholders.
What does information security management mean for your business?
Risks and threats can arise in any form, depending on the types of data or information you collect and use. Here is why your organisation needs to manage information security.
• You receive essential private information from your customers every day to offer your services or products, such as date of birth, address, financial credentials, work details, and so on. You must take stern measures to protect data and restrict access to them from anybody else.
• Information security applies to the data that you collect from your employees. It has a lot of personal information, such as names, addresses, personal relationships, bank account details, and health records. You should have an assured system to store that information and use it correctly.
• Different departments of your business generate data regarding the operations flow, process insights, policies, key performance metrics (KPIs), etc. This information is saved in IT systems or apps, and if this information is ever disclosed to close competitors, there can be serious consequences to your business. Competitors can use that information to surpass your performance by incorporating your ideas and strategies into their operations.
• You need to safely handle and use the information shared by suppliers, shareholders, investors, and distributors. Stakeholders should be confident that they can safely share information with you.
Any threat to information can take a toll on your business if not managed or averted. Achieving ISO certification will show that your company cares about implementing information security management, and also reflects the competence of your ISMS.
How does an ISMS with ISO 27001 certification ensures the protection of your data?
The ISO 27001 standard establishes specific requirements and measures for businesses to respond to different information security risks and how to build security into the ICT applications or systems. Information can be digitally stored in ICT systems, manually documented and stored in print, stored in websites, or as intranet data. Information also includes the intellectual ideas stored in media files, such as videos or voice records. The ISMS must address all these forms of information and decide tailored security controls for each.
ISO 27001 certification will help you modify your ISMS and address the following three aspects to protect your data against breaches.
• Confidentiality: Certification will restrict access to your vital information to authorised individuals in the organisation. For example, customer data will only be accessed by the sales and customer services departments.
• Originality: It will help to maintain the authenticity of the data whoever/whatever it is concerned. No one will be able to manipulate it, misuse it, or mislead it for the sake of their interests.
• Availability: Certification will ensure that the right set of information is available to the members of the organisation who need it. The ICT systems and other information will be secure so that the proper people can easily access them when they need it.
Assured Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification
The ISO 27001 standard covers widespread aspects to ensure information security management. To sum up, these are the benefits of achieving ISO 27001 certification.
Increased resilience to data breaches and attacks: It helps you with effective data asset protection, risk assessment, threat mitigation, and incident management with the comprehensive ISMS.
Customer satisfaction and confidence: Ensure customer loyalty by protecting their personal data and maintaining their confidentiality all the time.
Legal compliance: Safeguard your business from any prosecution cases or penalties for data leaks or data exploitation. ISMS will help to comply with all legal and statutory regulations of data protection.
Win more business contracts: Certification will prove that your company cares about information security, showing suppliers, investors, or distributors that your business is trustworthy. They can augment their data security by associating with a secured partner like you.
Get global recognition: Of course, getting certified with an international certification will make your business a more prominent and reliable player in the industry.
Want to know how to achieve ISO certification for your ISMS?
Our ISO certification experts can help to ensure that your ISMS is well-structured and aligned with the requirements of the ISO 27001 standard. We have the expertise to assess your business’s ICT systems, types of data you deal with, and the information flow across different channels (within or outside your organisation). Subsequently, we will help you implement an appropriate ISMS and provide the necessary assistance to implement it seamlessly into your organisation. Our professional auditors will also run a compliance check of the ISMS to ensure certification readiness.
So, get in touch with our team today to manage and protect the security of your business data with the highest assurance certification.
Get connected with us on social networks!